Ascende Learning focuses on serving students in grade 6~12 and offers the following Computer Science classes in the CS domain. We offer the following computer science and programming group lesson for Fall 2020. Students can also take our closely-guided self-paced classes anytime throughout the year with their own schedule.
Fall 2020 Courses
** All Fall 2020 classes are to be conducted through Zoom ** Classes are taught by Ms. Wen unless otherwise specified ** All class times are in PST unless otherwise specified.
|Fundamental Java Programming (G7~9) – taught by Teacher Lucy ★★Special★★||Sun 7:10 ~ 8:55 PM PST [ABOUT] [ENROLL]|
|Intermediate Java Programming – taught by Teacher Victor (FULL)||Sun 3 – 4:45 PM PST [ABOUT] [Closed]|
|Intermediate Java Programming||Wed 4:30 – 6:15 PM PST [ABOUT] [ENROLL]|
|AP Computer Science A||Tue 4:30 – 6:15 PM PST [ABOUT] [ENROLL]|
|USACO Bronze||Thu 4 – 6 PM PST [ABOUT] [ENROLL]|
|USACO Silver 1 (FULL)||Sun 12:45 – 2:45 PM PST [ABOUT] [Waitlist]|
Summer 2020 Courses
|Fundamental Java Programming (G8-)||06/09 – 07/28 Tue/Fri 2:30 – 4 PM PST [ABOUT] [WAITLIST]|
|Fundamental Java Programming (G9+)||06/08 – 07/27 Mon/Thu 2:30 – 4 PM PST [ABOUT] [WAITLIST]|
|Intermediate Java Programming||06/14 – 08/02 Wed/Sun 5 – 6:45 PM PST [ABOUT] [WAITLIST]|
|USACO Bronze||06/07 – 08/30 Sun 1:15 – 3:15 PM PST [ABOUT] [WAITLIST]|
- How does online class work?
- Course scope and topics
- Which computer science class is a good fit for me?
- How are our courses aligned with local public school courses?
- Important considerations when choosing where to go for your USACO training? And how do our USACO courses compare with some other institutes?
- Course FAQ
Why Take Computer Science Classes?
- Computer Science has become a fundamental subject
- Computer Programming is becoming a core skill and tool for all different professions.
- Sharpen logical thinking and problem solving skill
- Be challenged and reach higher!
- Why learn Java?
- Why Learn AP Computer Science A
- Our AP Computer Science A course prepares students to succeed in the AP Computer Science A exam from CollegeBoard. Students must already possessed basic Java programming skills to continue into this course, which covers advanced topics such as object-oriented methodologies, fundamental data structures and algorithms, and more.
- Why Learn USACO
- USACO stands for USA Computing Olympiad. The best contestants participate in the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI), the most prestigious international computing contest at the high school level.
- Our USACO courses provide rigorous training to students for advanced logical thinking and problem solving, a skill that is extremely valuable and much seeked after to prepare students for higher level educations.
** All references to AP CS here assumed to be AP Computer Science A.