Computer Science Classes Fall 2018
Please see the following list for our computer science classes offered in Fall 2018. Online classes are noted “Online” and is a combination of online classes and on-site office hours for local students. Check details of how our online classes work here.
Please read: How does our online classes work?
- Why learn Java?
- Java is the most popular computer programming language. Read more about it.
- Java is the official language required and tested for AP Computer Science A
- Java is becoming the most used language in USACO
- About AP Computer Science A
- AP Computer Science A is AP subject from CollegeBoard. The course emphasizes object-oriented programming methodology, especially problem solving and algorithm development, plus an overview of data structures and abstraction. The AP Computer Science A exam tests students on their knowledge of Java.
- About USACO
- USACO stands for USA Computing Olympiad. The best contestants participate in the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI), the most prestigious international computing contest at the high school level.
- Why overall?
- Computer Programming is becoming a fundamental core skill and tool for all different professions.
- Sharpen logical thinking and problem solving skill
- Be challenged and reach higher!
Note: All references to AP CS here assumed to be AP Computer Science A.
All schedules and courses are subject to change/cancellation by Ascende Learning, in which case full refunds including registration fee will be issued.