Fri 4 – 5:45 PM PST
09/10/2021 ~ 12/10/2021
Zoom Meeting ID: 898 5998 6134/Passcode: apple
Ms. Wen Office Hour & Email
- Monday 4-5 PM PST (or by appointment)
- Zoom Meeting ID: 892 8972 4247
- Passcode: 981106
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Assistant – Litong’s Office Hour & Email
- Tuesday 5~5:40 PM PST
- Zoom Meeting ID: 872 4580 3124
- Passcode: monterey
- Email: email@example.com
- Due every Wednesday midnight PST
- Late submission deduction: -10 points
- Early bonus point: 10 points if submitted by Sunday midnight PST (i.e. within two days after class).
- Points adjustments will be reflected on spreadsheet, not on ascendelearning.com grade
- Invalid submission (such as empty doc or doc without correct access permission) doesn’t count
- VERY IMPORTANT — Make sure your googledoc’s access permission is “anyone with the link can edit“.
- For multiple choice problems, self grade and show (points will be rewarded on completion, not correctness)
- For each writing problem, your submission must include both 1) code (pasted as text, no background color); and 2) running results (pasted as image). Each worth half of the credit per problem.
About This Course
This course will continue student’s Java education into advance level and cover all APCS topics defined by College Board. This course is aligned with the AP Computer Science A course from local public high school.
Upon completion, students will have grasped all important Java key concepts that are in the scope of APCS test, and definitely more, and be able to write Java programs to solve intermediate level problems, and ready to engage in larger scale projects and prepare for APCS test (if so wish).
This class is designed for high school students, to lay a solid foundation for them to prepare to take the APCS exam next. The curriculum is closely tied with the AP Computer Science test and use its materials and test questions along the way while students learn all the fundamental concepts and skills.