Our self-paced computer science classes are thoughtfully defined and conducted within a framework containing office hours, homework submission/tracking, and reminders and progress monitoring. We stay with students every step of the way and offer the best option that combines flexibility and rigor.
Self Paced Course List
|Computer Science Subject||Content and Links|
|Fundamental Java Programming Online||15 Lessons + Office Hours Detail|
|Intermediate Java Programming Online||15 Lessons + Office Hours Detail|
|AP Computer Science A Online||14 Lessons + Office Hours Detail|
|AP CS A Review and Test Prep Online||14 Lessons + Office Hours Detail|
|USACO Bronze||15 Lessons + Office Hours Detail|
|USACO Silver 1||12 Lessons + Office Hours Detail|
|USACO Silver 2||12 Lessons + Office Hours Detail|
|USACO Gold 1||12 Lessons + Office Hours Detail|
|USACO Gold 2||12 Lessons + Office Hours Detail|
How do our unique self-paced courses work?
- Class is released to student one lesson per week — to keep students on a regular pace
- Students get notified in the email when a new lesson is available for them!
- We sent students an email reminder if they have not been active for a few weeks
- Homework submission is required for all courses and all lesson
- Students can attend live zoom office hours twice a week. Office hours may vary from semester to semester but we thoughtfully pick time slots that can hopefully work the best for students:
- Two office hours a week: one during midweek, and one during weekend
- During weekdays, the office hour is after most schools ends for US west coast students, and not too late in the night for east coast students
- Students can email us anytime with questions if they can’t attend the office hours
- Parents can contact us anytime to inquire on student’s progress and homework quality and performance
- Curriculum for self-paced class and on-site class (live zoom classes) are the same for all courses.
- All self-paced lessons contain high quality edited and annotated screen recordings and slides, and often even contains more content (such as USACO homework problems) that doesn’t fit in live lessons due to time constraints.
- Students can review all previous lesson materials anytime they need to. All recordings support pause, forward/rewind, playback in different speeds, and can be played back anytime with no limitation.
- Students can customize their learning pace and override the default once a week class release schedule.
- We kept revising class content whenever students will benefit from an update.
Who Can Benefit
- Students who are located remotely or want to save time on the road!
- Busy learners with hard schedule conflicts
- Late enroll-ers for onsite classes that are already underway
- Students who want to take the lessons in their own faster or slower pace!
- Students who want to learn in the piecemeal way
- Anyone who is driven and willing to learn!
Start Anytime, Cancel Anytime
Prorated refund is calculated based on the number of lessons released, not based on how many lessons the student claims to have taken (or not taken). Students are responsible to take the lessons as they are released and will not receive refund if they fall behind the one-lesson-per-week schedule.
Student can start anytime throughout the year, with no constraint that the weekly live lessons would be subject to. First lesson will be available to student to take on the same day as they enroll.
Since we only release one lesson per week as the default schedule, this gives you a piece of mind to cancel anytime and receive all refund on unreleased lessons.
Note, the first lesson is released and available right away upon enrollment so that student can start the course any time without waiting, therefore, the first lesson is not refundable just as any released lesson.
To cancel your online class, email firstname.lastname@example.org with student name, parent name if student is minor, enroll date, course name, and reason for the cancellation. If you are not happy with anything with the online course, please reach out to us with your feedback and give us an opportunity to correct or improve. Our goal is provide the best learning experience and result for students.